Who Are We at Kid Potential?
We are one of 550 providers of a nationally researched pair of programs called PACE
and Master The Code
. PACE stands for Processing and
Cognitive Enhancement and Master the Code, the other program we offer, re-teaches reading, writing, and spelling codes.
The goal of PACE and Master the Code is to build brain based learning skills until they reach or exceed age appropriate levels. Students who complete the program can read, write, and spell fluently.
The PACE program, developed by Dr. Ken Gibson and a collaborating team of learning and medical professionals of Colorado Springs, CO, is based
on the idea that there are six underlying areas in the brain that govern learning. If these areas are strong and well developed, the student will be an
A/B student. If these areas are weak or underdeveloped, the student will struggle in school and in life.
Do you know Corey?
Corey is having problems in school.
His teacher said he has difficulty listening, following directions, and doing his homework. Corey fights frustration everyday and has been called lazy, unmotivated, and a “student at risk…” But Corey’s real problem is not lack of motivation or proper instruction. Rather, he and thousands like him lack brain processing skills. In other words, he may be able to see or hear information, but he cannot identify, interpret, comprehend, remember, or stay on task.
Science validates that the real cause of a person’s ability to learn is his or her cognitive skill’s strength or weakness. If skills are strong, learning comes easily and “naturally.” If skill weaknesses remain hidden, he or she will struggle to learn or read.
If your child struggles to learn to read, you want answers.
Some would suggest that you blame the school, the teachers, or the curriculum. Others would have you blame your child! (He’s not motivated. She
just can’t understand.) STOP!
Successful learning requires strong underlying skills. The majority of learning struggles are due to weakness in underlying skills.
The good news? Skills can be strengthened.
The Six Underlying Areas of the Brain Which Govern Learning Are:
- Processing Speed: How rapidly and correctly the brain can move through written material to find what it is looking for; how quickly the brain processes information.
- Active Working Memory: The brain’s ability to make a protein print (called an engram) and retrieve that piece of information from its memory.
- Visual Perception/Processing Skills: The brain’s ability to handle information from pictures, drawings and shapes. It deals with your ability to use maps, graphs, charts, or set up word problems. This helps the student in the area of math.
- Central Auditory Processing: The brain’s ability to blend, interpret, and use the 43 sounds of the English language. Problems in this area are on of the best indicators of Dyslexia. Problems in this area result in difficulty concentrating, listening, reading, remembering, writing paragraphs and papers, spelling and following directions.
- Word Attack: The brain’s ability to sound out words. This allows you to successfully sound out and pronounce any word in the English language regardless of the length or difficulty of the word.
- Logic and Reasoning: The brain’s ability to break down complex projects into a sequence of steps. Students who are strong in logic and reasoning like to figure things out on their own. A short attention span makes this very difficult. Logic and reasoning exercises train the brain to focus, pay attention and concentrate. This helps with ADD/ ADHD.
Enjoy the Benefits of Kid Potential
- Increase Reading Levels Up to 4 years in Only 60 hours!
- Increased Spelling Levels
- Higher Test Scores and Grade Point Average
Take Less Time to Do Homework
We Make Learning Fun!
Train The Brain, Get Smarter, Guaranteed
At Kid Potential Sarasota, we are STRUCTURING STRONGER STUDENTS and building the best brains for the 21st century!